I have always been curious why nurses, hospital staff, or anyone working in the medical field wears scrub suits for work. What is it in scrubs that makes it ideal for people in this field.
I did some reading on the net and found some good answers to this question. Let me share it to you guys.
1. Medical people tend to get blood or any bodily fluids while working and nobody would would want those in their regular bular clothes.
2. Scrubs are specially made to be cleaned by high temperature. This is to kill any bacteria or germs that might have accumulated over the day. These scrubs are made with tougher cloth so it could be cleaned with harsher chemicals. Just like those famous cherokee workwear.
3. Scrubs can easily be changed if needed because it is easier to put on and remove off.
4. Identification can also be considered as one reason. In a hospital for example, you could easily spot the medical staff versus from the lot of people.
5. Another reason why nurses or medical staff wears scrubs is because they look good on it. Seriously! Haha! Well, though this is not really a valid reason, it can still be considered as one.