My sister recently sent me some eBooks in PDF format and I wanted to transfer those in my iPhone so I could read on my way to and from the office. I downloaded the PDF file and opened it using a simple PDF reader in my phone. I find it hard to read because I have to scroll from left to right so I could read the whole page. It cannot be customized like changing the font size or the background and so reading that way gives me a headache.
I searched online for a better eBook reader for my phone. Something that would give customizations for the reader. Luckily, I came across some suggested apps, tried them, and voila, reading my eBook is now a blast.
First off, the app that I’m using in my iPhone is Stanza by Lexcycle. It’s a free app in iTunes so you can just download it easily. It can read PDF, ePub, and eReader books (among others). You just drag the files in the Apps tab of your device in iTunes and you’re good to go. Now, if you have a PDF file and you want to be able to change the font size for this file, you will need to convert your PDF file to ePub format.
Here’s a detailed steps on how to convert PDF files to ePub
1. Download and install Calibre e-book management app in your PC.
2. When you launch Calibre for the first time, it will ask you to setup the configuration. Just choose the Default setting.
3. Once this is done, you will be directed to the main window. click the Add books button and find the PDF file that you want to convert.
4. Highlight the PDF file and click convert. A new window will open.
5. Make sure to choose EPUB as the output format (can be seen on the upper right corner of the window.
6. The fields on the left will be pre-filled but you can still edit them before converting.
7. Click the Ok button once you’re satisfied with the settings and voila! You now have an EPUB format of your PDF file.
Transfer EPUB file to your iPhone/iPod
1. Connect your iPhone/iPod and launch iTunes in your PC.
2. Go to your device and click the Apps tab.
3. On the lower part, you will see the File Sharing section. Choose Stanza and then drag or drop the EPUB files in the box field on the right.
4. Sync and you’re ready to go.
Launch the Stanza app in your phone and choose the eBook you just converted from the list. You can now change the settings for this like the font size, font style, font color, background, and some other configurations.
I hope this guide helps you! Leave a comment if you have questions.