Our project usually engage in Team Building activities to relieve ourselves from the sometimes stressful and toxic work. This year, we just concluded the project’s Sportsfest with the Volleyball’s Final game. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to attend since my husband was confined in the hospital for several days.
This is the second year that we’ve held this SportsFest within our project. Last year was a success and I was hoping this year is better. And I think we’ve done a great job. We were able to add other games besides the ones played last year. We were able to prevent and correct the mistakes we committed on the previous Sportsfest.
We divided the project into four teams with 10 members each. We asked them to Choose a name for their team and their team captain. The teams were Team LyChi (LyChi stands for two of the members of this team that is being linked to each other hence the name), Koponan ni Eugene, Alvin and the Chipmunks and Holley Parrots. Cool names right?!? Haha!!
Let me share the games that we had.
1. Indoor games (held in one of the conference rooms in the office)
We played three games here, Pictionary, The Price is Right and Pinoy Henyo.
- Pictionary – One representative will draw the word or phrase to be guessed. Members will guess the word/phrase within the alloted time. If they guess it correctly, they can move on to the next player who would draw. They will continue this until the timer stops.
- Price is Right – Hosts will show in the projector the item and each team will guess the price of that item. However, we implemented a catch here. The item shown may or may be how it looks like. For example, an iPhone is shown. This iPhone may be bnew or may be broken, in any case will then determine the price.
- Pinoy Henyo – One representative will be in front to guess the word by asking questions. Members can only answer with Yes, No or Maybe.
2. Table Tennis/Air Hockey/Billiard – These games were played in the recreation are in our office.
3. Badminton/Volleyball – We rented courts for the games. Badminton was played in MetroBadminton in Mandaluyong. 1st round for Volleyball was played in MFI in Ortigas. The second one was in San Carlos Seminary Gym in Guadalupe.
4. Bowling – We were opting to play at the StarMall Bowling center but there were no available schedule. Good thing we were able to reserve four lanes at Paeng’s Skybowl at Robinson’s Galleria.
We still have to tally the overall scores so as of the moment, no one knows the winning team yet. Plus, I have to arrange for the prizes of the teams and the individual awards. I want to check out little trophies in Recto for the individual awards. I’m planning to give out trophies and gift certificates. I just hope I get a chance to go there this weekend. We still have lots to do for the awarding. I’ll give an update after the awarding and I might share some pictures.